Saturday 24 December 2022

The Mousetrap

 Tuesday 13th December

 I finally got around to seeing Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap at the St. Martin's Theatre in London's West End. It's only been playing for 70 years so I don't know what took me so long.

 


Well worth the £30 I paid for my stalls ticket for the 3 p.m. matinee I reckon and despite the previous day's snowfall on London and the national rail strike I had no problem getting there - I did put a shovel and a flask in the car before driving to the tube station mind you, just in case we got some more 😀

I read quite a lot of Christie's books when I was young and the play is a classic of the "country house mystery" genre that she was so good at. I had a rough idea of the plot and of the actually rather dark subject matter, the "why" but not the "who".

So now I know #whodunnit.

Go and see it yourself, my lips are sealed 🤐



No comments: