Monday 19 August 2024

Operation Market Harborough

3rd August

Inspired by Mr. Hewes YouTube channel I decided at rather short notice to have a weekend in Leicestershire and watch people chucking tanks and other military vehicles around an old airfield at Operation Market Harborough. Managed to book a handy cottage for the weekend not far away in the village of Medbourne just a short drive from the show site too. 

I took many photos which are here: 
Operation Market Harborough Flickr album

Also made a video, available on YouTube here: 
Operation Market Harborough video

Since I had the whole weekend on Sunday I went over to see the impressive (and busy) set of canal locks at Foxton. 



To round off the weekend on the way home I made use of my National Trust card and paid a visit to the fine Tudor house at Canons Ashby


I had a busy but enjoyable weekend even if it was a long drive there and back 


No comments: